Friday, June 11, 2010

Root Beer Float Cupcakes

Last week (I think) I spied this recipe on Smitten Kitchen's site. It immediately grabbed my attention. I mean, really? Root Beer Float Cupcakes??? Obviously I made them the first chance I got. Brought 'em to a beloved friend's 50th birthday party and they were a hit. I managed to squeeze 24 out of my batch.



This recipe was sort of interesting. It had you boiling things on the stove, then letting those things cool, then adding other things to the now cool things. Like I said, interesting....


A still life titled White Eggs in a White Bowl

There is not much in the world that compares to drippy bowls, in my humble opinion. Hey, how about an Internet magic trick? Okay, here it goes... below we have UNbaked cupcakes....

Wait for it... and POOF!

Now we have baked cupcakes! I know, my magic skillz are MAD.

After cooling completely you cut out a little hollow and put a mini scoop of ice cream in there. CUTE!!! I used some fancy pants vanilla bean stuff... because I'm like that. I was out of brown sugar (not that I usually have that on hand anyway...) so I just used evaporated cane juice for the white and brown sugar required. I used some fancy pants cocoa powder too...  The root beer flavor was pretty mild. Overall they were fantastic and had a great crumb.



The cubs missed out on these... that'll teach 'em to play basketball in the street with their little friends!! But seriously, I'm looking forward to making these again. They are just... fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment