Tuesday, June 15, 2010

enough already.

How about some yellow and teal? This is the same yellow skirt you've already seen. That little yellow necklace is sort of fun, it has a beehive charm on it and some little silver bees, too. I horded those things for years... finally found the right color yellow beads so I could string it.

why is my skirt so wrinkled? I ironed it. I did. I really, really did.
I think this is my favorite blouse. These might be my favorite shoes. Maybe.

Okay, um, what is up with the world lately? What is up with me? I've completely lost my motivation to do the simplest things... by the time last weekend rolled around I did NOT want to get up. I did NOT want to work out. No sewing. No knitting. Dang, I didn't even want to get dressed, let alone show up at our place of weekly congregation. Funny story: turns out that same day, the one where I wanted to crawl under a rock and work up a proper froth of self pity? WELL. Everyone seemed to be in rare form. Lucy was killing me so I spent most of the day in an Aleve-induced fog, hoping... praying that my liver wouldn't fail in front of everyone and that my limp wasn't too noticeable. Ha. The Man over heard part of a conversation I was having with someone (this woman was discussing my toes-- WTF???) and he later commented on my restraint. He was apparently expecting me to deck her... all I can say is if I had been on my toes (ha ha) instead of having to use all the Jedi Mind Tricks that I have at my disposal to distract myself from pain hitting an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10, she probably would have gotten a rather inappropriate and pointed comment involving her husband and my new pink Lady Gaga-esque nail polish.

Maybe the Aleve saved us both from getting black eyes?

By the time we all piled into Riley* to go home I was in crazy-rant mode. By the time my mouth stopped I realized I needed to apologize to the cubs. The eldest, in classic yes-Mrs.Lyons-is-my-mommy fashion, replied "that's okay Mom, but we won't be getting married when we grow up." HA. That cracked me up! I must say, I have good kids... so I gave them all the O-K to stay at home past the age of 30 if they kept up with all the weeding and dishes.

*Riley, our trusty mini-van.

No comments:

Post a Comment