Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mean, like a bully (mini blackberry cobblers)

Weeeeell....
The garden is doing great. Look at all this bounty!
okay, so we grew a few carrots.
We actually grew a lot more than this, but I could only find a picture of this measly bunch.

 I sauteed them in butter and we all ate them with our dinner.
They tasted like normal carrots. I was sort of disappointed.
Everyone thought I was nuts... I wonder sometimes, have they met me?
Hi! My name is Mrs. Lyons.
I like carrots that don't taste like carrots.



We also have a bit of a blackberry infestation... so we picked some blackberries and I made mini/individual blackberry cobblers. Behold them in all their pre-baked glory:

































But DUDE, let me tell you! Picking them is not... um, fun. It's more of an "adventure."Those bushes are MEAN. But not mean in an awesome way, mean in a bully-that-makes-you-run-to-Mommy-and-cry way. Between the blackberries and the roses... wow, my sh*t is scratched up. I must've lost a lot of blood, look at me going all ghetto speak on ya'll.


The mini cobblers were super easy. We just filled our little custard dishes with fresh berries and I plopped some generic fruit crisp-type topping over them. Just a mixture of whole wheat flour, oats, a bit of salt and pumpkin pie seasoning and some honey. Baked 'em in a hot oven for 20 minutes or so, until the berries bubbled and the topping was golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment