Wednesday, May 12, 2010

less than 50,000

This morning while walking Lucy and Alicia I was struck at how many people were out walking their dogs. Not just any people though... old men. I was stuck limping behind one of these Old Men w/Dog, and was a bit irked at how easily he powered up the hill. Me and Lucy? Not quite the picture of grace... or strength... or speed. Well, at least I wasn't crying. This time.

The thing that killed me though? When he bent over to clean up after his dog. The guy was easily 100,000 years old... and he just bent right over. No moaning, no grabbing at the lower back, no slow motion easy-does-it type stuff. HE JUST BENT OVER. And then... wait for it... he stood back up. Lucy and I are easily... let me do some quick math... right. Easily way less than half this guy's age. *sigh* I was so irritated by his little feat of athleticism, in fact, that I almost called out to him "missed a spot!!" Heh.

So, enough of me whining about my hip. On with it Mrs. Lyons! We want to See Stuff. Okay! Okay! Sheesh. Here ya go:


Seeds being planted.














A blue dress being sewn.




Colds being fought.


















Knits being completed.


















The Cuban is back... and consequently my zeal to sew up the White Denim Storytelling Skirt is waning. I'll see what she has to say about it and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment