Friday, June 25, 2010

sterling and plum


Dress: A heavily modified version of New Look 6349 in a plum colored linen blend
Sweater: 'Whisper' cardigan from Interweave Knits, Spring 2009 (Ravelry link)

Yup. Mrs. Lyons needs a haircut. Yup, my linen dress wrinkled in exactly 2.5 seconds after I put it on. Yup, those cute leopard shoes (Guess brand) are pretty pinchy. But they are a good cure to the monthly funk of I-don't-want-to-get-dressed-because-nothing-fits. Ha. I've been wearing these shoes a lot lately. :)

Wrap dress to the rescue!!

A quick note on changes I made to the pattern: modified the hem (obviously) and added a little panel that sort of makes it "tulip" out, moved the bust darts and added some bodice darts just for fun... and I changed it from side-tie to back-tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment